RFR: 8202364: Add GCConfig::hs_err_name() to avoid GC-specific code in error reporting

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Fri Apr 27 09:33:02 UTC 2018

The gc_mode() function in vmErrror.cpp currently tests which Use*GC flag
is set and translates that into a name. We should instead call into
GCConfig to get the name. This patch adds a new function
(GCConfig::hs_err_name) for this purpose. This is not placed on
CollectedHeap, since we might need this name before a CollectedHeap
instance has been created, e.g. if we crash during VM startup.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8202364/webrev.0

/Per