Does openjdk8u need pre-barrier for jweak?

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 16:59:29 UTC 2018

Hi Liu,

Yes, I am committer in 8u. But this would require approval from current 8u maintainers. The
maintainers for jdk8u project would normally look at what GC devs said in patch review for
8u-specific patch. So, any patch to G1 in 8u should be RFR'ed on this list (hotspot-gc-dev@) first,
to check with G1 folks that is a proper way to go.

G1 and Shenandoah are definitely affected. I am not sure CMS has this problem: IIRC, remark is
supposed to find live-but-disconnected objects like these.

-Aleksey