RFR: 8210064: ZGC: Introduce ZConcurrentRootsIterator for scanning a subset of strong IN_NATIVE roots concurrently

Erik Österlund erik.osterlund at oracle.com
Thu Aug 30 08:46:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

We now have enough load barriers to support scanning of CLDs and JNI
handles concurrently. I propose to do that and move these root sets out
from ZRootsIterator, and hence the GC pause. They will be scanned during
concurrent marking (and heap iteration), but no longer during relocation.

I still perform ClassLoaderDataGraph::clear_claimed_marks() in the pause
because it seems cheap. But it can be moved out of the pause when Coleen
gets her new cool CLDG lock in.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~eosterlund/8210064/webrev.00/

Bug: