RFR(s): 8197993: Remove last use of JavaThread::flush_barrier_queues()

Erik Österlund erik.osterlund at oracle.com
Thu Feb 15 10:14:16 UTC 2018

Hi Per,

I wonder how we feel about the name on_thread_create in particular. It
is crucial that this is performed not just when creating the thread, but
particularly when adding it to the thread list while holding the
Threads_lock to block safepoints, otherwise the G1 barriers would blow
up. Therefore I would have preferred the name on_thread_add instead of
on_thread_create. Would you agree with that?

Thanks,
/Erik