RFR (S): 8195115: G1 Old Gen MemoryPool CollectionUsage.used values don't reflect mixed GC results

mandy chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Fri Jan 26 22:38:18 UTC 2018

On 1/25/18 1:04 PM, Hohensee, Paul wrote:

> The JMX API spec doesn’t specify what the memory pool or garbage  > collector names are, but the current names are de-facto part of the
 > API, so if we change the existing ones, imo a CSR should be filed.

The names are implementation details but I can see how an application
might be impacted if they depend on it.  CSR approval is not strictly
necessary while I think filing one to document the change would be
good.

Does the name change impact any application you know of?  I'm trying to
understand if any improvement to API is needed so that applications
don't need to depend on the names.

Mandy