Segfault in CompiledMethod::is_unloading()

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 17:07:13 UTC 2018

On 11/16/18 12:51 PM, Erik Österlund wrote:
> By the look of it, the fact that you are crashing there means that it
> was not been visited for your AoT method, and when the sweeper tries
> calling it, it needs to compute the value and has no means of doing that
> any longer (it should already have been computed). I guess I must have
> messed up the assumption that all compiled methods are walked during
> code cache unloading in the case of AoT. Sorry about that.

OK, thanks. Given that this is a crasher on AOT-compiled code and
there's no workaround at present, I guess it has to be fixed. I'm
not really clear how it should be fixed, though: do we really want
to walk all AOT-compiled methods during code cache unloading?

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer