RFR (round 1), JDK-8214259: Implementation: JEP 189: Shenandoah: A Low-Pause Garbage Collector

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Mon Nov 26 23:12:46 UTC 2018

Hi Roman,

You need to check if shenandoahgc is disabled first - check DISABLED_JVM_FEATURES list (see code for jvmci).

Do you support 32-bit x86? You have OPENJDK_TARGET_CPU == xx86 check.

Do you support all x86 OSs?

Why you set VM CFLAGS when shenandoahgc is not enabled? It is in JvmFeatures.gmk.

I looked on C2 changes. It has INCLUDE_SHENANDOAHGC, checks and new gc specific nodes. This looks intrusive. I hope you
clean it up.

Thanks,
Vladimir