RFR: 8214278: Cleanup process_completed_threshold and related state

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Tue Nov 27 20:50:08 UTC 2018

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 4:32 AM, Stefan Johansson <stefan.johansson at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> I totally agree that the style guide doesn't give any real guidance here. And as you say, we use every possible interpretation in the code base already except maybe Camel_Snake. To me the most important is the last bullet, that it should be easy to understand that this is a constant. I also think the first point only talks about *instance* variables, so not statics.
>
> I don't see this as a blocker for this change, we have different preferences and I'm ok with this patch as is.

I was going to write a longer reply, but decided this is the wrong
forum for this discussion.  Just a couple of points:

Just to be clear, I *don't* prefer the style I used.  I'm okay with
CamelCase, and am agreeing to make that change despite it being (IMO)
contrary to the style guide.

And for the record, we do use something akin to Camel_Snake, e.g. Op_Reg* :)

New webrevs:
full: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kbarrett/8214278/open.01/
incr: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kbarrett/8214278/open.01.inc/