Call for reviews: JEP 189: Shenandoah: A Low-Pause Garbage Collector

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Wed Nov 28 12:15:48 UTC 2018

Hi Roman,

On 11/28/18 12:44 PM, Roman Kennke wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
> I removed the sentence under Non-Goals and changed the sentence under
> success metrics to remove the heap-size part:
>
> "This project will be a success if we can keep consistent short gc pause
> times."
>
> Does that sound good enough?

Sure, good enough for me.

In general, I'd recommend you to under promise and over deliver when in
comes to success metrics in the JEP. Otherwise you're just exposing
yourself to the risk that someone claims that you haven't fulfilled the
success metrics and that the project isn't ready to to in yet.

cheers,
Per