RFR (round 1), JDK-8214259: Implementation: JEP 189: Shenandoah: A Low-Pause Garbage Collector

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Thu Nov 29 14:44:20 UTC 2018

Hi Roman,

On 11/28/18 11:29 PM, Roman Kennke wrote:
[...]
> Per: Disabling the SA part for heapdumping makes 2 tests fail:
> - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/ClhsdbJhisto.java
> - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/TestHeapDumpForLargeArray.java
>
> we filter them for Shenandoah now. I'm wondering: how do you get past
> those with ZGC?

Good catch! These don't work with ZGC either. As far as I can tell,
these tests are not part of any test tier, so they are never executed in
our CI pipeline and have gone under the radar.

I'll file a bug and add the appropriate @require tag to exclude ZGC. I'm
not sure if there's a reason they are excluded from our CI, or if they
should be added. Leonid, do you know?

Thanks!
/Per