RFR: JDK-8210656: Object equals abstraction for BarrierSetC2

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 12:15:21 UTC 2018

Hi Erik,

I talked to Roland about this. It turns out that we already have this
optimization pass, and could just as well live with cmp(resolve(a),
resolve(b)). We need a little (shenandoah-specific-) hook in
CmpPNode::Ideal() for that though (but we'd need that anyway I suppose).
If you agree with that, I'll withdraw this RFR. Ok?

Roman