RFR: 8210237: gc/stress/TestStressIHOPMultiThread.java fails with 'Unexpected exit from test [exit code: 1]' in CDS mode

Jiangli Zhou jiangli.zhou at oracle.com
Fri Sep 14 22:39:39 UTC 2018

Hi Gerard,

On 9/14/18 2:08 PM, Gerard Ziemski wrote:
> hi Jiangli,
>
> Thank you for the clarification.
>
> I wonder if we have some agreed upon exit status that tells Mach5 framework (and others) that a test finished trivially, so it can be marked as “skipped”, “not run”, or “trivially run”? Seems we have a few tests that may not get to finish their run due to various reasons.
That's a good question. From what I understand, for a test that's not
run/skipped under various conditions, a SkippedException can be thrown
by the test. The harness marks the execution as skipped instead of
passed normally. For TestStressIHOPMultiThread.java (with the fix), if
OOM occurs in one thread, other thread continues until specified timeout
reaches. It's not skipped, but probably could be considered as
'trivially run' (less load). I did some searches but couldn't find a
jtreg status corresponding to  'trivially run'. It sounds like a good
idea to have this kind of fine grained status.

Thanks,
Jiangli