RFR: 8221836: Avoid recalculating String.hash when zero

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 08:36:17 UTC 2019

On 09/04/2019 09:11, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> On 4/8/19 11:31 PM, John Rose wrote:
>> I agree that this is a good change, and you can use me as a reviewer.
>
> Which opens up the process question: are you acting as Project Lead here to resolve the disagreement
> between Reviewers (the only accepting Reviewer being yourself)?
>
> (There are ways for me to yield: for example, accept this patch provisionally, if Claes and/or
> accepting reviewers agree that any follow-up issue with it triggers the immediate backout, and
> future attempts to introduce it are rejected given the observed non-trivial cost. This seems like a
> no-brainer for those who argue there is little risk in doing this.)

Hmm, well, ... I just posted a reply to Claes accepting this patch on
DID grounds, /assuming/ the code is suitably commented. However, I think
your extra provision here is thoroughly reasonable. I'd even be happy to
extend it with a promise that you can claim 'I told you so' on list if
this ever happens (in CAPS, if you must :-).

regards,

Andrew Dinn