RFR: 8222480: Implementation: JEP 351: ZGC: Uncommit Unused Memory

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Thu Apr 25 14:07:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

Additional performance testing uncovered a regression in the allocation
path, due to the removal of the ZPreMapped class. This was fixed, by
priming the page cache with the initial heap size, and allowing the page
cache to split pages. This also helps avoid a certain class of page
cache evictions, where we can simply split a page instead.

Diff: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8222480/webrev.2-diff
Full: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8222480/webrev.2

cheers,
Per