RFR (S): 8235346: [Redo] 8235247: WorkerDataArray leaks C heap memory for associated work items

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Thu Dec 5 09:20:44 UTC 2019

Hi all,

   can I have reviews for this redo for 8235247: WorkerDataArray leaks C
heap memory for associated work items; while the original change in the
GC code has been correct, the associated gtest did double-frees, causing
errors.

The test assumed that ownership of the sub-WorkerDataArray did not
transfer, and it is responsible for freeing it.

This issue has not been caught in the original change because I only did
local jtreg testing (which does not include jtreg) for this change
separately. CI testing has only been done for this with the follow-up
JDK-8235341 included which passed.

Sorry for this.

CR:
Webrev: