RFR: 8217389: JTREG: Clean up, remove unused variable warnings

Leo Korinth leo.korinth at oracle.com
Mon Jan 21 11:30:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a new update that uses Reference.reachabilityFence to make sure
that allocations are not optimized away. After a bit of thinking and
asking around, I believe reachabilityFence to be a better solution than
a public static variable in these cases where we want to make sure
allocation is not optimized away but do not want the object to be
reachable. It also makes it a bit more obvious that the code is used to
allocate garbage and not to be optimized away rather than being a
programming mistake.

I also added spaces to the "XXX*M" pattern.

Webrev (Full): http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lkorinth/8217389/01
Webrev (Incremental): http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lkorinth/8217389/00_01

Testing: gc test suite still passes.

Thanks,