RFR (L): 8217330: Split CollectionSetChooser into collection set candidate container and the chooser algorithm

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Mon Jan 21 11:35:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

  can I have reviews for this cleanup change that splits
CollectionSetChooser into the container holding the collection set
candidates (named G1CollectionSetCandidates) and the
CollectionSetChooser (will be renamed in JDK-8217328) that only
contains static methods to create the candidate set?

I think this improves readability of the code a lot given this
misnomer.

Finally it removes some really ugly constructor hack (sorry D.
Detlefs!) with GrowableArray.

(It actually, if you remove new file headers, reduces code size a bit
too)

CR:
Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8217330/webrev/