RFR: JDK-8222926: Unify cpu related part of shenandoahBarrierSetC1 and fix build when compiler1 is disabled

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Wed May 8 08:49:59 UTC 2019

On 5/8/19 10:43 AM, Ao Qi wrote:
> The patch [1] dose not apply cleanly again because of JDK-8223449. And
> src/hotspot/share/jvmci/vmStructs_jvmci.cpp needs to be updated. Here
> is a new version:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aoqi/8222926/webrev.02/

I understand the need for fixing -compiler1 configuration. I am, however, against cobbling together
x86 and aarch64 code with sprinkled #ifdefs. It would be another story if the code was indeed the
same, but they are not.

What is the fix for -compiler1 build issue? Can it be done on its own?

-Aleksey