RFR: JDK-8224043: Shenandoah: Remove clear_claimed_marks() from start of concurrent_traversal()

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Thu May 16 16:02:47 UTC 2019

Currently we clear claimed marks in the CLD at the start of concurrent
traversal phase. This is (no more) necessary, and in fact leads to
marking through CLD structures during traversal again, even when they
have already been seen during init-traversal.

This changeset simply removes the little block. I've tested by running
all of hotspot_gc_shenandoah on it, plus a bunch of applications
including specjvm with traversal and +ShenandoahVerify. Looks all good.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/JDK-8224043/webrev.00/

Ok?

Roman