RFR: 8212630: jtreg/gc/logging/TestMetaSpaceLog.java failed with Agent timed out

Leonid Mesnik leonid.mesnik at oracle.com
Thu May 30 22:22:03 UTC 2019

Hi

I think that '@run main/othervm -Xbootclasspath/a:. -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+WhiteBoxAPI' could be replaced with @run main/driver because
test spawns other process and don't use any options and WB.

Also I think you need to have several separate headers for each test instead of multiple runs. There is only one result per test (not for every run) and test is is skipped if any of GC is not supported. Additionally these tests might be guarded with require instead of throwing SkipException. So your tests is not going to be executed saying if ZGC is selected by jtreg CLI. Here is the example of fix which update test with different GCs. It contains a lot of examples of similar tests.
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/9b8926bf85c1 <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/9b8926bf85c1>

And in the case of new timeouts/other failures we will know exactly which GC was used right in the report.

Leonid