RFC: JEP JDK-8229358: ZGC: Support for macOS

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 09:40:47 UTC 2019

I personally wouldn't bother to file a JEP for it, and go through The
Process. We certainly didn't for Shenandoah new features in JDK13
(elimination of fwdptr, new arches, maybe LRB, maybe concurrent roots),
and likely won't do for JDK14 (concurrent class-unloading,...) either. A
whole new GC: sure. New GC features: not so sure. It just seems to much
hassle for too little benefit. Time's better spent on actual coding and
fixing ;-)

my 2c

Cheers,
Roman