[15] RFR 8243323: Shenandoah: Recycle immediate garbage before concurrent class unloading

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 18:13:57 UTC 2020

On 4/22/20 5:07 PM, Zhengyu Gu wrote:
>> *) This is awkward, why does it piggyback on is_concurrent_weak_root_in_progress? It should probably
>> have its own flag, and that flag should only be set when SCR::should_do_concurrent_class_unloading()
>> is true.

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zgu/JDK-8243323/webrev.01/

Looks better. It still does not answer the question why don't we do the separate flag for
concurrent_class_unloading (see above), which AFAIU would eliminate awkwardness like this:

1823     if (!ShenandoahConcurrentRoots::should_do_concurrent_class_unloading()) {
1824       set_concurrent_weak_root_in_progress(false);
1825     }

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey