RFR: add parallel heap inspection support for jmap histo(G1)

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue Feb 18 05:23:46 UTC 2020

Hi Lin,

Adding in hotspot-gc-dev as they need to see how this interacts with GC
worker threads, and whether it needs to be extended beyond G1.

I happened to spot one nit when browsing:

src/hotspot/share/gc/shared/collectedHeap.hpp

+   virtual bool run_par_heap_inspect_task(KlassInfoTable* cit,
+                                          BoolObjectClosure* filter,
+                                          size_t* missed_count,
+                                          size_t thread_num) {
+     return NULL;

s/NULL/false/

Cheers,
David