[14] RFR 8237038: Shenandoah: Reduce thread pool size in TestEvilSyncBug.java test

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 18:24:39 UTC 2020

On 1/13/20 7:18 PM, Zhengyu Gu wrote:
> Please review this small patch to reduce thread pool size in
> TestEvilSyncBug.java test.
>
> I have observed problems with the test on many core system, including
> crashes on arm server with 48 cores when running 4 concurrent test jobs.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zgu/JDK-8237038/webrev.00/

Looks fine.

Suggestion to name this thing "numJobs" and shorter comment (not tested):

   // Use 1/4 of available processors to avoid over-saturation.
  int numJobs = Math.max(1, Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors() / 4);
  ExecutorService pool = Executors.newFixedThreadPool(numJobs);

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey