RFR: 8237198+8237199+8237200: ZGC: Share heap multi-mapping code across platforms

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Wed Jan 15 12:57:06 UTC 2020

Hi,

Please review this cleanup of the ZPhysicalMemory/ZBackingFile layer,
which aims to de-duplicate some of the multi-mapping code. I've split
the change into three separate patches, the main patch followed by two
patches doing some renaming.

1) The ZBackingFile code was designed to allow platforms to decide if
they want to use heap multi-mapping or some other (possibly HW
supported) scheme. As of today, all our supported platforms do heap
multi-mapping, so there's some degree of code duplication in
ZBackingFile for each platform. This patch moves common multi-mapping
code into ZPhysicalMemoryManager. If we in the future find that we want
to support a platform that doesn't do multi-mapping, then we can
introduce an abstraction for this again.
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8237198/webrev.0

2) Rename ZBackingFile to ZPhysicalMemoryBacking, since "File" is
somewhat misleading on platforms other than Linux.
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8237199/webrev.0

3) Rename ZBackingPath to ZMountPoint, as it's a better name in light of
JDK-8237199.
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8237200/webrev.0

cheers,
Per