[RFC] ZGC proposal for aarch64 jdk11u

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Thu Jan 16 08:22:33 UTC 2020

Hi,

ZGC in JDK 11 is fairly stable as it is, so there's no super compelling
reason to spend time and resources on backporting JDK-8233506 at this
time. However, backporting only JDK-8224675 would be a mistake, as it
would destabilize ZGC (including the x86 port) so you would basically
have to go all the way to JDK-8230565, or alternatively don't backport
JDK-8224675 and adjust the aarch64 port accordingly.

Whatever path you take here, it would require significant work and
testing, which is why I'd again recommend that you to consider using JDK
14 (when it's GA) for these workloads.

cheers,
Per