RFR: 8233822: VM_G1CollectForAllocation should always check for upgrade to full

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Wed Jan 29 01:07:26 UTC 2020

> On Jan 28, 2020, at 7:40 PM, sangheon.kim at oracle.com wrote:
> On 1/21/20 12:31 AM, Kim Barrett wrote:
>> […]
>> CR:
>>
>> Webrev:
>> https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kbarrett/8233822/open.00/
> Looks good.

Thanks.

> Not related to your patch (so can ignore) but as you are changing VM_G1CollectForAllocation class,
> comments for relation at g1VMOperations.hpp seems out-dated. :)

I assume you are referring to the comment near the top of the file
summarizing some parts of the class hierarchy?  There's more wrong
than right in that comment!  It wrongly suggests VM_G1Concurrent and
VM_G1CollectForAllocation both (directly) derive from VM_GC_Operation,
and it's missing VM_G1TryInitiateConcMark.

I started to correct the comment, but decided that beyond the first
line summary it doesn't provide any information that isn't obvious
from the code, and is also messy, so plan to just delete all but that
first line.