[15] RFR 8245961: Shenandoah: move some root marking to concurrent phase

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 09:49:29 UTC 2020

On 6/1/20 8:23 PM, Zhengyu Gu wrote:
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zgu/JDK-8245961/webrev.00/

Let me push 8246097 and 8246100 before this, so we would have the backport base.

Mostly stylistic nits follow:

*) Does it make sense to move ShenandoahConcurrentRootsIterator to shenandoahRootProcessor? And do
something like ShenandoahConcurrentRootScanner?

*) conc_mark_roots can be just "  Concurrent Roots", no need to duplicate "Concurrent Mark":

  70   f(conc_mark,                                      "Concurrent Marking")              \
  71   f(conc_mark_roots,                                "  Concurrent Mark Roots ")        \
  72   SHENANDOAH_PAR_PHASE_DO(conc_mark_roots,          "    CM: ", f)                     \

*) Typo: "Concurrnet":

 145   f(full_gc_scan_conc_roots,                        "  Scan Concurrnet Roots")         \

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey