How to run specific part of the SerialGC in a new thread?

Ofir Gordon ofirg6 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:42:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to run a specific procedure within the SerialGC in a
separate thread, i.e. replace the call for the procedure with a creation of
a new thread that will run the entire procedure and then return to the main
thread and continue (the main thread should wait to the splitted thread).

What is the correct way to do it? Is there any threads mechanism that the
vm uses in order to split tasks to new threads?
I tried to simply use the pthread library, but when I add calls to pthread
methods (like pthread_create) the compilation fails (with segfault..)

I'll appreciate your help,
Thanks,
Ofir