Isolating the GC code from the jvm to run on external accelerator

Ofir Gordon ofirg6 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:25:41 UTC 2020

Another question after reading the mark-compact based on the Epsilon GC
tutorial - I still don't understand how it gets from oop_iterate to
preorming the closure's do_oop_work method which actually does the marking..
I understand that if I want to implement a new GC i don't need to mind
that, but I'm trying to understand all the dependencies in the marking dlow
for the existing GCs, so I need to figure out how is the call to
do_oop_work is being made and where? what is the complete flow?

Thanks again,
Ofir

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 5 במאי 2020 ב-9:39 מאת ‪Ofir Gordon‬‏ <‪ofirg6 at gmail.com
‬‏>:‬