RFR (S): 8245087: Use ratios instead of percentages in G1HeapSizingPolicy::expansion_amount

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Mon May 18 08:15:43 UTC 2020

Hi all,

   can I have reviews for this change that changes internal calculations
to use ratios (i.e. values between 0-1) instead of percentages (0-100)?

While in this case use of percent or ratios cancels itself out I prefer
to use ratios for calculations and if needed percent for displaying.

There is just no need to scale the ratios we have with 100, apparently
done to make the printing code simpler, but I really prefer it the other
way.

In the log message I also unified the code to print the "%" sign without
whitespace before (there has been a mix of that).

Based on 8245086 also out for review.

CR:
Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8245087/webrev