RFR: 8252103: Parallel heap inspection for ParallelScavengeHeap [v9]

Lin Zang lzang at openjdk.java.net
Mon Nov 2 10:31:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 09:17:06 GMT, Stefan Johansson <sjohanss at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Changes requested by tschatzl (Reviewer).
>
> Results from the internal tests look good.

Hi @kstefanj, Thanks a lot for your help testing it. Nice to know it goes well.
Hi @tschatzl, Thanks for your reviewing. I think the biggest problem you mentioned is that the type of _claimed_index and old_gen()->iterable_blocks() is not match (conversion from unsigned to signed). As I cannot change _claim_index to be unsigned because it use -1 and -2 for identifing youngGen, do you think that changing "iterable_blocks()" to be a signed value is reasonable?  and I will also change all these types to be 64bit signed value to avoid auto widening.

Thanks,
Lin