Fwd: Tracking object relocations in Java 8

David Griffiths dgriffiths at undo.io
Thu Nov 19 09:47:20 UTC 2020

BTW doesn't have to be a call to a "copy(from, to)" style function - if
there is some convenient place where a list of pointers is traversed to do
the update to the new location I'm quite happy to duplicate that code to do
the same traversal. I'm not yet familiar with the code so just a nudge in
the general direction would be great.

Another alternative - don't suppose there is any option to force hashcodes
to always be stored in the mark word (i.e. even if the hash code is not
requested)? Couldn't see any sign of one in the code but just thought I'd
ask. I guess -XX:hashCode=4 is just going to use the current address and
only if hash code requested so of no use to me.

Cheers,

David