Tracking object relocations in Java 8

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 10:39:21 UTC 2020

On 11/16/20 6:38 PM, David Griffiths wrote:
> Hi, I have a need to track object relocations in Java 8 with whatever the
> default GC is. I would like to do this by setting a gdb conditional
> breakpoint somewhere in the JVM such that it will stop when the copy to
> address is a certain value (*). Can anyone point me in the right direction
> for such a breakpoint please? Not looking for a clean solution, just
> anything that will work.

Assuming G1 (and you really should say which collector you're using)

G1ParCopyClosure<barrier, do_mark_object>::do_oop_work

but there may be a few other places too.

By the way, you reported a bug in SA to this list. Did you ever get around
to creating a bug report? Thanks,

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer