RFR: 8254877: GCLogPrecious::_lock rank constrains what locks you are allowed to have when crashing [v4]

Stefan Karlsson stefank at openjdk.java.net
Tue Nov 24 12:18:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 11:07:31 GMT, Per Liden <pliden at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Forked off the SemaphoreLock part into https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/927
>
> Updates look good!

I've thrown away the Semaphore implementation and replaced it with Patricio's new try_lock_without_range_check function. I've also changed the lock rank to be as low as possible. We'll still get a lock rank reordering problem if we crash while holding this lock, because EventLog takes its lock and it is of the same rank. I intend to address that with JDK-8256382.