RFR: 8255987: JDI tests fail with com.sun.jdi.ObjectCollectedException

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.java.net
Mon Nov 30 20:06:58 UTC 2020

Until we resolve the discussion in [JDK-8255987](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8255987), I don't think your suggested fix should be applied since it could be viewed as a workaround to a debug agent issue (not shutting down GC during `VM.suspendAll`) or as something that needs to be clarified in the JDI and JDWP specs (checking for `ObjectReference.disableCollection` failures, even when under `VM.suspendAll`, and retrying the allocation). I'd like to see the discussion resolved and follow-on bugs files.