RFR: 8278891: G1: Call reset in G1RegionMarkStatsCache constructor

Hamlin Li mli at openjdk.java.net
Thu Dec 16 10:16:23 UTC 2021

Currently, G1RegionMarkStatsCache constructor does not call G1RegionMarkStatsCache::reset(), it depends on user to call it explicitly to make sure it works well and without crash in G1RegionMarkStatsCache::evict(uint idx).

In fact G1RegionMarkStatsCache constructor should call G1RegionMarkStatsCache::reset() to ensure its valid initial state.

( I met this issue when I tried to reuse this class to implement some parallel cache when improve the parallelism of evacuation failure. )

Commit messages:
 - Initial commit

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6861&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/6861/head:pull/6861