Status of JEP-8204088/JDK-8236073

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Tue Jul 13 07:52:55 UTC 2021

Hi all,

On 21.06.21 13:40, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi,

[...]>
> Another reason to not immediately jump on it is that while I can see
> your point, first I would prefer to have the current issues fixed :)
   fwiw, I updated the open repo with the JDK-8236073* changes to latest
and also fixed a calculation bug when shrinking.

https://github.com/tschatzl/jdk/tree/8238687-investigate-memory-uncommit-during-young-gc2

We still need to look at and investigate out-of-box performance changes
because of this.

Sorry for doing a force push. I'll try to remember to do "normal" merges
in the future if that is more convenient to you.