RFR: 8270961: [TESTBUG] Move GotWrongOOMEException into vm.share.gc package

Kim Barrett kbarrett at openjdk.java.net
Thu Jul 22 04:22:46 UTC 2021

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 19:26:31 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmesnik at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The small refactoring which consolidates shared code in the shared library. Make project more IDE-friendly.

Some minor commenting issues, but otherwise looks good.

test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/metaspace/stressHierarchy/common/StressHierarchyBaseClass.java line 117:

> 115:              * We pass test in this case as this breaks test logic. We have dedicated test configurations
> 116:              * for OOME:heap provoking class unloading, that why we are not missing test coverage here.
> 117:              */

This comment is unnecessary, as it adds nothing over the log message that follows.

test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/vm/share/gc/HeapOOMEException.java line 26:

> 24:
> 25: /**
> 26:  * This class is used to differ OOME in metaspace and heap when trigger class unloading.

That doesn't scan so well.  Perhaps something like
"This class is used to distinguish between OOME in metaspace and OOME in heap when triggering class unloading."