RFR: 8270842: G1: Only young regions need to redirty outside references in remset.

Hamlin Li mli at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jul 23 10:19:58 UTC 2021

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 02:13:38 GMT, Hamlin Li <mli at openjdk.org> wrote:

> For evac failure objects in non-young regions (old) of cset, the outside reference remset already recorded in the dirty queue, we only needs to do it for obj in young regions

Thanks for the suggestion, I think it should work, I will update the patch  as you suggested.

In fact, I have this question in my mind for a while, **this is not related to evac failed obj**. If an obj A in young region has the ONLY reference to obj B in optional set (but not in current cset), where this refering relationship is recorded after the young is evaced to survirvor regions? I guessed it's recorded by other "dead" old obj, as in remset there is no reference from young to old.