RFR: 8262973: Verify ParCompactionManager instance in PCAdjustPointerClosure

Kim Barrett kbarrett at openjdk.java.net
Thu Mar 4 04:46:41 UTC 2021

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:24:44 GMT, Albert Mingkun Yang <ayang at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Verify the correct ParCompactionManager instance is used by VM/GC threads and some general cleanup.

A couple minor nits.  Otherwise looks good.

src/hotspot/share/gc/parallel/psCompactionManager.cpp line 186:

> 184: void ParCompactionManager::verify_all_marking_stack_empty() {
> 185:   uint parallel_gc_threads = ParallelGCThreads;
> 186:   for (uint i=0; i<=parallel_gc_threads; i++) {

Use spaces around operators, here and line 193.

src/hotspot/share/gc/parallel/psParallelCompact.cpp line 2625:

> 2623:     // Update the deferred objects, if any. Any compaction manager can be used.
> 2624:     // However, since the current thread is VM thread, we use the rightful one
> 2625:     // to keep the verification logic happy.

If using a different cm makes the verification logic unhappy, that suggests "Any compaction manager can be used" isn't exactly true.  Maybe something like "In principle, any compaction manager would do.  However, ..."