RFR: 8276670: G1: Move and rename G1CardSetFreePool and related classes [v6]

Hamlin Li mli at openjdk.java.net
Fri Nov 19 04:49:59 UTC 2021

> Currently, only the card sets (remembered sets) use G1CardSetFreePool to give back memory to OS.
>
> After JDK-8254739, this memory reclaiming mechanism could be reused by evacuation failure too. This is a preparation change to allow reuse of this code.
>
> I plan to do this in about 3 steps to smooth the review process:
>   1. move G1CardSetFreePool and related classes to new file, rename these classes
>   2. refactor these classes to support freeing other freelist
>   3. some necessary cleanup
>
> This is to simply move and rename G1CardSetFreePool and related classes, as G1CardSetFreePool and related classes are going to be reused outside of the remembered set, they should be factored out and renamed.
> Rename from G1CardSetXxx -> G1BufferListXxx.

Hamlin Li has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 11 commits:

 - Merge with master
 - Rename card set to segmented array
 - Rename from G1BufferListXxx to G1SegmentedArrayXxx
 - Fix typo
 - Merge branch 'master' into rename-move-G1CardSetFreePool-out
 - Fix typos
 - Fix gtest tests
 - Fix missing in test
 - Fix missing files
 - move g1CardSetFreeMemoryTask.*
 - ... and 1 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/2f0bde1a...7cfe01fb

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6289&range=05
  Stats: 1228 lines in 19 files changed: 641 ins; 555 del; 32 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/6289/head:pull/6289