RFR: 8275277: assert(dest_attr.is_in_cset() == (obj->forwardee() == obj)) failed: Only evac-failed objects must be in the collection set here but <addr> is not

Thomas Schatzl tschatzl at openjdk.java.net
Fri Oct 15 11:25:04 UTC 2021

Hi all,

  can I have reviews for this fix of an incomplete assert?

When checking whether the forwardee equals the object, we first need to check whether the object is already forwarded, otherwise we might get false positives. See CR for more details (example).

Testing: gha, failing tests do not fail after 2k repetitions

Commit messages:
 - Fix assertion

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5965&range=00
  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5965/head:pull/5965