G1GC Full GCs

Y. S. Ramakrishna y.s.ramakrishna at oracle.com
Mon Jul 12 12:43:47 PDT 2010

Hi Peter --

Yes, my guess was also that something (possibly along the lines
you stated below) was preventing the selection of certain (sets
of) regions for evacuation on a regular basis ... I am told there
are flags that will allow you to get verbose details on what is
or is not selected for inclusion in the collection set; perhaps
that will help you get down to the bottom of this. Did you say
you had a test case that showed this behaviour? Filing a bug
with that test case may be the quickest way to get this before
the right set of eyes. Over to the G1 cognoscenti.

-- ramki