JVM hangs beyond recovery

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 16:48:47 PDT 2010

Hi.

> I can't say if this fixes it or not as I don't know how all the code hooks
> together. But I'm somewhat surprised that this is related to JNI_ONload as
> from what I saw the problem is caused by a hook executed by the dlopen while
> the internal dl lock is held - I would not think that JNI_Onload could be
> executed while inside dlopen.
>
> David Holmes

<http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/source/detail?r=1041>
Thanks for the analysis.

The fix indeed didn't prevent the deadlock, but while examing the file, I
didn't see there any dlopen calls, only dlsym.

pastie.org/1010923

Does this fact stll acceptable within your current thinking of the deadlock
cause, or you see another possible reason in the log file?

Thanks again.