hg: jdk7/hotspot-rt/hotspot: 6935224: Adding new DTrace probes to work with Palantir

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 09:10:07 PDT 2010

Hi Karen,

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 11:30 -0400, Karen Kinnear wrote:
> My bad. This is an internal test result site and I didn't realize I
> was sending this email out to openjdk.

No worries. If you hadn't I might have missed the addition of the new
probes. Very nice to see indeed.

And if we can share more of the testing infrastructure that would be
very nice. We have been working to make sure that all probes that are in
hotspot work on GNU/Linux also through systemtap which as a minimal
dtrace (source level) compatibility layer.

> > We also have a testsuite for testing the probes with systemtap for
> > icedtea:
> > http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-March/008629.html
> >
> > I couldn't find the provider_probes_checker.pl script in the sources.
> > Are they available? Maybe we can somehow combine the tests.

Thanks,

Mark