Review for 7141244: build-infra merge: Include $(SPEC) in makefiles and make variables overridable

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue Feb 7 16:42:47 PST 2012

On 8/02/2012 2:55 AM, Paul Hohensee wrote:
> Can you make this work when building from the make/<os_family> directories?
> E.g., you could add the $(SPEC) include to make/solaris/Makefile, etc.

I'm not sure that makes sense. The SPEC file only exists for the new
build and in the new build you run configure for each platform, so if
you configured for solaris then that is the only build you can do there.
You can't decide to do a linux build instead - you need to re-run configure.

I'll take a look at this ASAP but am somewhat swamped right now.