Request for review (M): 7132070: Use a mach_port_t as the OSThread thread_id rather than pthread_t on BSD/OSX

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Feb 15 03:52:47 PST 2012

Hi Staffan,

Not directly related to the change but what does  _ALLBSD_SOURCE signify?

In os_bsd.cpp:

In os::thread_cpu_time the type of mach_thread has changed from
mach_port_t to thread_t, but mach_thread is still passed into
thread_info(). I expect they are both simple integral types, but I would
expect that later gcc compilers might complain about this. What type
does thread_info expect?

Otherwise seems ok.

David