Request for review (M): 7132070: Use a mach_port_t as the OSThread thread_id rather than pthread_t on BSD/OSX

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Wed Feb 15 12:24:21 PST 2012

The src/os/bsd code was derived from the src/os/linux code.
#ifdef _ALLBSD_SOURCE was used to flag (most) changes relative
to Linux for the BSD port. The #ifdef'ing is not perfect because
the Linux code also evolved as the BSD port was being done and
also because sometimes folks forgot to #ifdef their changes...

Eventually, there is supposed to be a rework/rewrite in this area
where all the "nixes" share code. It won't be under src/os/posix,
but we'll think of some good name if the project ever gets done...

Dan