Request for review (XS): 7140909 Visual Studio project builds broken: need to define INCLUDE_TRACE

Kelly O'Hair kelly.ohair at oracle.com
Mon Jan 30 08:55:29 PST 2012

Poking my nose in...

It has been my experience that using global macros with very generic names is dangerous.
If some day we update to Visual Studio 2032, and they decided to use the macro
name INCLUDE_TRACE for something, we could have some interesting bug reports.

If this is directly related to hotspot or jfr or anything we have created, I think it would be a much
better idea, and also helpful to the code reader, to name it a little more uniquely.
Like JFR_INCLUDE_TRACE or something that indicates what it is for or from.

-kto